Liebster. In German it means darling. Wait, no, sweetheart. Wait, I mean, what article does it start with? Die? Der? Das? Wait, wait, let me start over.
Liebster. In English it means “that’s not how you spell lobster you nimrod”. You know what, never mind. It means interview for the purposes of this seafood. Post. Blaarg.
So over a month ago my good friend Phil Schipper tagged me with this Liebster Award, wherein I discuss the number 11 a lot for some reason. Now, like the last of these tag-interview-things I did, I still dunno anybody, so if anybody wants a tag, just ask! Don’t be shy! Eat a pie!
So, to start, I’m supposed to list 11 random facts ‘bout myself.
1. Pretty much all my stories as a young person were inspired by video games. “Inspired” being “they were freakin’ fan fiction”.
2. Along with that, I actually started getting into writing through online role plays. I pretty much don’t do that anymore nowadays though (because the people I’ve done it with don’t, basically).
3. My favorite video game is more or less a tie between Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. I would just say “favorite video game series” but… you know… 3 out of 5…
4. I am twenty-three years old and HAVE NEVER HAD A JOB. Yaaay lousy bum? I mean, I finished college with a Bachelors degree in English, but have yet to actually work for money. You could technically say that will change after I publish my novel.
5. I was a responder on a few editions of the Mailbag on Kirby’s Rainbow Resort. The site’s death now (no, not dead, death), though. I’m not going to say anything else on the matter.
6. I used to make video game Let’s Play videos on Youtube. It’s been 3 or 4 years since then, though, and I can’t vouch for my competency on it.
7. In the 2012 presidential election, I voted for neither the Democratic nominee nor the Republican nominee. Green Party!
8. I read Homestuck. I’m not the type of crazed fan that you mostly hear about in relation to the fanbase, but I do consider it pretty amazing. The sort of cutting-top, over-the-edge insanity of it is the type of writing I’m aiming for.
9. I watch[ed] Homestar. I may or may not have just said this because Homestarck. I mean what? I miss Homestar Runner.
10. I consider myself an atheist apatheist. That means I don’t care.
11. I have a wizard hat. You probably have noticed this. Do you have any idea how freakin’ hard it is to find one of those?? It seems like only one source even exists! At least around not-Halloween, but I didn’t want one pegged as a sort of “costume piece”; I’m using it as standard hatware! Baseball caps are boring. And I don’t even like baseball.
Okay, that’s it for the (very) random facts about me. Now for eleven questions Phil wrote for my answer. I’m gonna question the questions more than answer ‘em!
1. What’s the best character you ever created?
Ooh, there’s a hard one. Best character… Hmm… well, there’s a difference between best and favorite. But then, what exactly does “best” mean? There’s too many factors! I’m just gonna say either Darmenzi or Top.
2. What’s your favorite possession?
My life. I know; deep, yet sappy.
3. The nerdiest thing about you?
Umm… possibly the wizard hat.
4. The food and drink you must have to write?
I dunno, I just need food and drink. I can’t work on an empty stomach or a dry mouth.
Okay, I’m back after food. What’s next?
5. What kind of music do you listen to?
Well, right now I’m listening to a Homestuck song. Really, I listen to video game music most often, but I’ll listen to pretty much anything if I like it. My tastes transcend genre and go into “well, I have to listen to it first to decide if I like it”.
6. What setting or environment appeals to you the most?
My room. I don’t care how smelly it is. Although if it was in the middle of the house without any windows I could block the outside even better, so the setting that appeals to me the most is a place where I can be undisturbed foreverrrrr, not counting the internettttt.
7. Describe your dream house.
Kinda fuzzy and blurry. Wait, did you mean the house I’d like to have? I dunno. Anything’s fine. A private one, I guess. I must have silence to work, work, work!
8. You must defend yourself against the invasion. What’s your weapon of choice?
A spaceship. I’M GETTING THE HEX OUTTA HERE! *cowardice*
9. What’s a movie you watched over and over as a kid?
Hmm. I’m not really sure. It’s sort of weird, now that I think about it, that we never really owned any of the Muppet movies when I was younger. I can’t really think of any, though. I mean, “over and over” kind if implies that you owned it on some format (such as VHS).
10. When big things happen, how do you usually hear about them?
I don’t read the news nearly as much as I should. So little time. *plays video games for a couple hours* What was I talking about? Oh, right, big things. Well, assuming the question refers to world events, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, really. So, yeah, make something funny and I’ll pay attention. I mean the world is already so hilarious–a real good work of irony–but, again, so little… what? Recent world events WEREN’T done out of irony? Oh. Well then.
11. Is there something most people “grow out of” but you still believe in, e.g. fairies, ghosts, Santa etc.?
Yeah, you’d be surprised how many people still believe in ghosts in the US. Anyway, the belief that all of us are essentially good people inside?? Ha ha ha ha no just kidding I lost that belief a long time ago.
That’s it for that, once again, if you want to be tagged, I don’t have elevent people to tag so ask away! Apparently this is supposed to be for someone with less than 300 followers, so if you apply, just ask and I will check your blog to see if you’re good enough for a tagging. Here’s the eleven questions that you would have to answer, for the record:
1. What is the last thing you bought online?
2. Do you still own something you’ve had before you were ten years old, with its continued ownership by you being a conscious decision ofy our own? (This would be something you yourself own, not something your family owns.)
3. What would you say is your proudest achievement?
4. What would you say is your shamest achievement? That is, least proud achievement. That is, the opposite of question 3.
5. What is the largest amount of money you would say you’ve had at any one time? Round to the nearest 100 if you need to.
6. Is your refridgerator running?
REAL 6. Do you currently have anything broken that you need to buy a new one of, but haven’t?
7. If you were a genie, would you be serious, silly, or a big jerk who put terrible spins on all wishes granted?
8. Do you have a college degree or plan to get one, and if so, what area of study did you get your degree in/do you plan to go into?
9. Would you rather watch TV/a movie, read a book, play a video game, or listen to music?
10. Will you take what’s behind door number 1, door number 2, the bonus box, or a lifetime supply of pez dispensers?
11. If you had to sum up your philosophy of life in just 5 words, what would the second word be?
Here are the people I have tagged so far:
1. JimiGhost: creator of Sam the Dawg comic